freetds - [freetds] MS SQL Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Akshay Rao <Akshay AT crc.ufl.edu>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] MS SQL Server 2000
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:06:04 -0500

I have a linux box with Apache+PHP (latest of both) and Freetds 0.61. I also
have a remote SQL 2000 Server that I need to connect to. Here is the
problem: When I try to connect to a remote SQL 7.0 Server with the 7.0 TDS
protocol, it works just fine. However when I try to use the 7.0 protocol to
connect to SQL 2000, it says that the connection couldn't be made. When
using the 8.0 protocol, I can't connect to SQL 7.0 or 2000. I think my
problem lies with the instance name of the SQL 2000 Server. How do I
specify the instance to FreeTDS? Also, when I use the tsql the following is
my output:

Msg 10019, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx not found!
There was a problem connecting to the server

Anyone have any idea?