freetds - Re: [freetds] Bug in Code ? (dbih_setup_fbav: invalid number of fields)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Bug in Code ? (dbih_setup_fbav: invalid number of fields)
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:18:52 -0500

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:22:07 +0100, Daniel Schwager
<Daniel.Schwager AT dtnet.de> wrote:
> i try to track down a problem with the MS-SQL-Server (MSDE) and
> linux-perl. We wrote a application in perl running on linux
> which connects to a MS-SQL-Server via
> DBI -> DBD::Sybase --> FreeTDS.
>
> The programm does a lot of queries to the SQL-Database
> and update some columns.
>
> The problem is, that our application terminates in 3 ways
[...]

Daniel,

Perhaps in certain cases the output coming back from the server confuses
FreeTDS. The DBI traces don't have enough detail to make that clear.

Please turn on the FreeTDS log (TDSDUMP) and post the last 500 lines or so
(for a failed case). If there's a protocol-level problem, it will show up
there.