freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 w/ DBD::Sybase on BSDI failing to load modules.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 w/ DBD::Sybase on BSDI failing to load modules.
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:36:01 -0600

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 04:11:00PM -0500, Robert G. Fisher wrote:
> I'm attempting to use FreeTDS 0.60 with DBD::Sybase 0.95
> on a BSDI system running bsdos 4.3 and Perl 5.8.0.

> I receive no errors when I compile FreeTDS and use the
> ./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --enablemsdblib as I am
> connecting to a MS SQL Server 7 database.

Not that it matters much, since DBD::Sybase is not dblib-based, but this
is not what the --enablemsdblib option is for. You shouldn't turn it on
unless you need to compile Windows dblib applications under Unix.

> I enter the server information in my freetds.conf file,
> and using the tsql and freebcp utilities am able to connect
> to the DB server and transfer data fine.

> However, whenever I run the make test within DBD::Sybase,
> it reports errors of failing to load in the DynaLoader.pm
> and references the lines where the comments in DynaLoader
> discuss a problem with loading a library or a potential
> issue with it's XS code.

This sounds like you might have a perl problem. Do other XS-using perl
modules load ok on your system?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer