freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 w/ DBD::Sybase on BSDI failing to load modules.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Robert G. Fisher" <rfisher AT mail.neocom.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.60 w/ DBD::Sybase on BSDI failing to load modules.
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:11:00 -0500

I'm attempting to use FreeTDS 0.60 with DBD::Sybase 0.95
on a BSDI system running bsdos 4.3 and Perl 5.8.0.

I receive no errors when I compile FreeTDS and use the
./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --enablemsdblib as I am
connecting to a MS SQL Server 7 database.

I enter the server information in my freetds.conf file,
and using the tsql and freebcp utilities am able to connect
to the DB server and transfer data fine.

However, whenever I run the make test within DBD::Sybase,
it reports errors of failing to load in the DynaLoader.pm
and references the lines where the comments in DynaLoader
discuss a problem with loading a library or a potential
issue with it's XS code.

--
Robert G. Fisher Sitestar.net, Inc.
System Engineer (276) 666-9533 x 116