freetds - [freetds] Connecting to MS SQL 2000 via Windows Authentication

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Daniel Morgan" <danmorg AT sc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Freetds" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connecting to MS SQL 2000 via Windows Authentication
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 12:29:04 -0500

Hello,

Can FreeTDS connect to a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database via Windows
Authentication from a non-Windows machine?

If so, how does FreeTDS do it?

If not, do you have any suggestions on how it could be done?

Other names for what I'm talking about is:
- Trusted_connection
- Integrated Security
- SSPI
- Windows Domain authentication

To be honest, I don't know anything about this security stuff. I just would
like the ability to connect to MS SQL 2000 from a non-Windows machine using
"Integrated Securtiy". If you know how, can you provide the details please?

Thank you,
Daniel