freetds - RE: [freetds] rpc better: now only broken

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] rpc better: now only broken
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:57:03 +0100

> You saw it here first:
>
> $ ./rpc
> Start
> About to logon
> About to open gnarley.freetds
> Dropping proc
> Msg 3701, Level 11, State 5
> Server 'CPRO200', Line 1
> Cannot drop the procedure '#t0022', because it does not exist in the
> system catalog.
> creating proc
> executing dbrpcinit
> executing dbrpcparam
> executing dbrpcsend
> executing dbsqlok
> Failed: dbsqlok
> retrieving output parameter... done
> Was expecting a retname to be @b.
>
> Look Ma! No broken pointers!
>
> Anyone know anything about Mr. 253?
>
> 2002-11-25 23:18:38.681634 dbsqlok() marker is 253
>
> That's as far as I got tonight.
>

>From include/tds.h

#define TDS_DONE_TOKEN 253 /* 0xFD TDS_DONE */

What's the problem ??
Every RPC return some TDS_DONE/TDS_DONEINPROC/TDS_DONEPROC (from statement
inside RPC). I don't know the correct behaviour of dblib. Perhaps skip all
inside RPC done tokens ??

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."