freetds - RE: Shared libraries not installing on AIX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Shared libraries not installing on AIX
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:04:29 -0500

> From: RWilbert AT exchange.webmd.net [mailto:RWilbert AT exchange.webmd.net]
> Sent: November 1, 2002 3:37 PM
>
> I think ld is the start of my problems
> It is AIX's ld.
>
> From man ld there is no ld -shared there is -G which creates
> shared object.

I'm talking out of school here, but I'll offer a suggestion.

Change the Makefile from

gcc -shared -o .libs/libsybdb.so.o
gcc -Xlinker -G -shared -o .libs/libsybdb.so.2.0

(maybe you could set LDFLAGS prior to running configure?)

and see what happens. That should pass "-G" to your linker and ask for a
sane library name. Maybe maybe the rest will Just Work. Wouldn't that be
nice?

--jkl