freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase 0.95, perl-5.8.0, freetds-0.60

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jerry Grooms <grooms AT uky.edu>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase 0.95, perl-5.8.0, freetds-0.60
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:16:53 -0500 (EST)

Castellano, Nicholas <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com> writes:

> Does anyone actually read this mailing list, or is it
> write-only? :-)

> The solution to this problem has been discussed many times in
> the past few weeks, including once earlier today.

Uh, yes, I thought I acked that in my post. ;-)

The "preferred" solution given today was to "use the latest
snapshot". Am I misinterpreting that the version 0.60 tar-ball is
the "latest snapshot"?

As I pointed out, I upgraded to 0.60; rebuilt DBD:Sybase 0.95 and
the unresolved cs_ctx_global problem has not gone away (yet).

I have fully read the articles that say version 0.60 rectified this.
I don't doubt that it has, but for some reason it has not (yet) in
my installation. I am suspicious of an installation oversight on my
end, or that somehow I was still picking up 0.53 when I thought I
was resolving 0.60; hence my comment about renaming the 0.53 out of
the way (can't find something whose name has changed, right?).

I assume it is still a lingering problem on my end, but I have not
found it (yet). Perhaps this is "frequent" enough to make it on
the FAQ?

Jerry

------

On 31 Oct 2002 16:36:43 -0800, "Michael Peppler" <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
wrote:

> Either use the latest FreeTDS snapshot

Recommended.