freetds - RE: indent: line length

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: indent: line length
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:36:52 -0500

It's a matter of writing the expression like this:

if ((something long and complicated)
|| (other thing)) {
}

The extra parenthesis around the complicated expression seem to be used as a
hint that "this expression is complicated" and the newlines are honored.
I'm pretty sure the GNU coding standards strongly suggest writing
expressions in this way for clarity, anyway.

Cheers,
--nick