freetds - Re: convert.c and the next release

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: convert.c and the next release
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 04:42:32 -0400

Hey all,

I'm quite happy for you guys to do what's best with the convert code, and
take your points about the malloc's

I hope that the code is now structured in such a way as to make it easy to
change.

JKL, you're right - the calling program should have a pretty good idea of
how much output space is required for character output - If the input is a
number, you can know the absolute limit on the ouput size; if the input is
a binary, you know you need 2 * the input size; etc, etc.

I gave Brian a small set of patches on Friday, which:

check returns on all mallocs in convert.c ;
finish off the convert piece inside the ODBC code ;

regards,

Bill