freetds - 30 character limit on Field Names

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sunjit" <sunjit AT lycos.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 30 character limit on Field Names
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:35:16 -0400

Hi,
Iam using MSQL version 7.0 and my JDBC application is using the
FreeTds driver to connect to it.I have a table in which the column names
are more than 30 characters long. When Iam retrieving those names using
the MetaData of the ResultSet, what Iam observing is that the column names
get chopped off after 30 characters.This is causing some problems for us.
Has anybody seen this behaviour? I would appreciate any help from you
guys.
-Thanks a lot,
Sunjit

  • 30 character limit on Field Names, Sunjit, 07/29/2002