freetds - Re: freeTDS on MacOSX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Peter Harvey <pharvey AT codebydesign.com>
  • Subject: Re: freeTDS on MacOSX
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:16:04 -0400

At 12:06 AM -0700 7/24/2002, Peter Harvey wrote:
FYI, Mac OS X 10.2 ("Jaguar") due out Aug 24 will include iODBC natively -
so you may want to use it instead of unixODBC if you have the option.

Please provide a link to your source because I can not verify this?

Apple announced this at WWDC back in May (I think in the keynote, definitely at the SQL Birds of a Feather). You could also check the darwin source, as I'm betting it got put in there.

The evangelist for OpenLink also mentions the inclusion in Jaguar at every opportunity, including the Birds of a Feather session on "SQL on Mac OS X" that I hosted at Macworld last week. There were multiple high level people from Apple there who didn't deny or correct what he said.

Any further clarification would require breaking NDAs.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin