freetds - RE: [ freetds-Patches-575063 ] make easy

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [ freetds-Patches-575063 ] make easy
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:26:46 -0400

> Patches item #575063, was opened at 2002-06-28 10:06
> You can respond by visiting:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=407808&aid=575063&group_id
=33106

> Category: toolchain
> Submitted By: James K. Lowden (jklowden)
> Assigned to: James K. Lowden (jklowden)
>
> Initial Comment:
> The attached patch should remove the need for GNU make.

One of the liabilities of the free software nonbusiness is that sometimes
people do things without being asked. I was bending an elbow last night
with someone who hacks on the NetBSD package system and mentioned that
FreeTDS needs Gnu make.

He took a look at our snapshot and sent me the above patch. How nice is
that?

This would mean we could remove all the caveats in the UG (not to mention
questions here) about which make to use. I'm going to try it on my boxes;
if it works for me with Gnu and with BSD make, and no one objects, I'll
commit the changes.