freetds - PHP User Authentication against NT?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <james.cameron AT hp.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: PHP User Authentication against NT?
  • Date: 31 May 2002 14:23:40 +1000

G'day,

I've been using FreeTDS for a couple of years now to provide read access
to an SQL database, and the project has been reasonably successful, to
the point that the business would like to depend on it.

However, we would like to have users on web browsers be authenticated
against an SMB primary domain controller thing. While I know how to add
authentication to a PHP script, how do I validate the username and
password against a Windows NT authentication domain?

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/