freetds - Re: tds_swap_datatype is declared static but is used by external code

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: tds_swap_datatype is declared static but is used by external code
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:12:43 -0400

You're spot on.

There's no deep issue here, its just that while I was writing all the bcp
stuff (and accessing tds_swap_datatype from somewhere other than token.c),
the core code changed to make it a static functio (which it should have
been in that context).

When we integrated my code, this wasn't spotted, with the results you've
found. take off the "static" and recompile, and things should be fine. I'm
not sure if the patch has made it into the latest snapshot yet...

Bill