freetds - Re: Install freetds on a RaQ4 to work with MS SQL and PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Install freetds on a RaQ4 to work with MS SQL and PHP
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:15:00 -0400 (EDT)

Del,

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Del Sherman wrote:

> Brad,
>
> I havent gotten very far, uncompressed freetds on the linux box and
> followed all of the instructions on the freetds site as far as running
> configure and make on freetds. When I got to the part about ldconfig
> and library paths I wasn't making much sense of it, then when the
> instructions started describing recompiling php to work with freetds it
> all fell apart, I was lost at that point.

I'm afraid that the user guide assumes you built PHP yourself in the first
place :-/ Of course, with appliances like the raq that is generally not
the case. jkl, perhaps links to apache/php docs at the place where we
say "consult PHP docs" in the UG would be a good idea?

> As far as sqsh, Isn't that some kind of query utility? I don't think I
> have that on the cobalt box.

Yes, you can get it from www.sqsh.org it's a very handy tool to have
around, and basically it's the easiest to build and make sure everything
is ok. If sqsh doesn't work, then neither will anything else. So, it's a
good first step.