freetds - Re: userguide.sgml updated with segfault diagnosis steps

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: userguide.sgml updated with segfault diagnosis steps
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:43:38 -0400

On 26 Apr 2002 19:32:40 +1000 "James Cameron" <james.cameron AT compaq.com>
wrote:> I took my recent mailing list messages explaining how to diagnose
the> cause of segmentation faults and expanded it into the section "Page
> contains no data" in the FreeTDS Users Guide. I would appreciate a
> review of the changes.
>
> http://quozl.netrek.org/freetds-temporary/x1203.html
> (this URL is temporary, valid for a few weeks only)

James,

Looks good! I'll rebuild it and repost it as soon as I get a chance,
unless someone has something to add or correct.

> I wanted to see what it would look like, and figured out how to build
> the HTML version using jade under Debian GNU/Linux woody. In case
> anyone else needs to know, here is how it is done ...
>
> # apt-get install jade ldp-docbook-dsssl
> % export DOCBOOK=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet
> % make

Several things are missing from the UG: a license, information on where to
find the latest version, information on how to build it.

> I didn't think this qualified for the FAQ as per policy.txt

Agreed.

What should be there is the bad-login-segfaults-with-0.53 question. I
really should see to that one, I guess.

Regards,