freetds - userguide.sgml updated with segfault diagnosis steps

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <james.cameron AT compaq.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: userguide.sgml updated with segfault diagnosis steps
  • Date: 26 Apr 2002 19:32:40 +1000

G'day,

I took my recent mailing list messages explaining how to diagnose the
cause of segmentation faults and expanded it into the section "Page
contains no data" in the FreeTDS Users Guide. I would appreciate a
review of the changes.

http://quozl.netrek.org/freetds-temporary/x1203.html
(this URL is temporary, valid for a few weeks only)

-- ChangeLog --
Fri Apr 26 19:04:55 2002 James Cameron <quozl AT us.netrek.org>

* doc/userguide.sgml: add link target to known issues section,
warn about posting TDSDUMP logs to mailing lists, add link target
to "Page contains no data" section, add description of how to make
a backtrace to determine cause of a segmentation fault, add link
target to mailing list section, add self to contributors list.
-- /ChangeLog --

I wanted to see what it would look like, and figured out how to build
the HTML version using jade under Debian GNU/Linux woody. In case
anyone else needs to know, here is how it is done ...

# apt-get install jade ldp-docbook-dsssl
% export DOCBOOK=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet
% make

Mr Lowden: I'm not sure, but I didn't think this qualified for the FAQ
as per policy.txt, but if you think it does, feel free to copy.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/