freetds - Re: Inconsistent results - FreeTDS ( .53) and DBD S ybase ( 94 )

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Inconsistent results - FreeTDS ( .53) and DBD S ybase ( 94 )
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:36:50 -0400

> I would like to provide few more information related to the
> following
> problem.
> Problem is existing with freetds.conf option being, "tds
> version = 7.0".
> With "tds version = 4.2", result set is fine.
>
> > I am getting inconsistent results for the following sql
> statements. I
> > would really appreciate if someone could help me to resolve
> this problem.
> >
> > I am using FreeTDS ( .53) and DBD Sybase ( 94 ) to
> connect to MS SQL 7
> > and 2000 from a Sun Solaris box.
> >
> > CREATE TABLE test
> > (
> > row_id int NOT NULL,
> > amt decimal(18,4) NULL
> > )

Abi,

Thank you for a very clear problem description. I'm sure the reason no one
has responded yet is that it's not a known problem, and is going to take
some work to reproduce and track down.

Let's make sure the problem is a function of the data and not the runtime
order: If you run Case 2 before Case 1, is Case 2 still mangled and Case 1
still OK?

Maybe with 4.2, the server has to convert the decimal field to foat to send
it to the client? I don't think there was a decimal datatype back in the
4.2 days. If you "alter table test alter column amt float null", do you get
good results with TDS 7.0?

Regards,
--jkl

  • Re: Inconsistent results - FreeTDS ( .53) and DBD S ybase ( 94 ), Lowden, James K, 04/24/2002