freetds - Re: Cannot access MSSQL db

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT fax.sno.cpqcorp.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cannot access MSSQL db
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 18:07:13 +1000

David Nordenberg wrote:
> The sql servers accept my connection but I can typ anything in the
> telnet session without anything happening, it this the correct
> behaviour?

Yes.

So, this points at a connection outbound from FreeTDS to a port and IP
address that isn't valid. This might be because FreeTDS cannot find the
IP address in the configuration file, or because it has two
configuration files to choose from and has chosen wrongly.

Check the configuration file. Consider running tcpdump on your primary
network interface, monitoring port 1433. e.g. tcpdump -i eth0 port 1433

Meanwhile I'll look at improving the connection refusal message to
indicate where it really went.

--
James Cameron