freetds - Re: Cannot access MSSQL db

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT fax.sno.cpqcorp.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cannot access MSSQL db
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:50:39 +1000

Brian Bruns wrote:
> Problem is that the call to tds_connect() returns a pointer to TDSSOCKET
> in the dbopen() function. So that's about all the information that is
> propagated from libtds -> dblib. I think the other way of not
> generating an error at all had more complaints ;-)

I agree.

I've modified src/tds/login.c to generate a touch more detail on the
connect() failure. This should help with future problem reports, a
little bit. I'm thinking I should put in more detail there, like IP
address and port number. Comments?

While I was there, I also fixed a socket leak; if a PHP script in an
Apache process kept failing to connect, it seems the process might
eventually run out of sockets. A new socket would be allocated for each
connection attempt.

Please review it for me, Brian?

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://www.linux.org/ http://www.linux.org.au/ http://www.freshmeat.net/