freetds - Re: PHP - SYBASE

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: PHP - SYBASE
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 07:24:56 -0500

You need to make sure the loader can find the sybase librarys (sybase.so
is PHP's sybase lib, i'm talking about libct.so, libcs.so, etc...). You
can either set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point at sybase lib directory
(/opt/sybase/lib by default IIRC), or add that directory to your
/etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig.

> Hi,
>
> I have been running mandrake 8.1 on an x86 box
>
> I has Apache, MySQL, PHP and all other goddies that come as RPM packages
> with it.
>
> All I needed recenly is to install sybase 11.9.2 and make it work with
> php.
> SyBase is insttalled and configured properly and the database is fine (I
> can use all sorts of other software to access the DB)
>
> To make this thing to work with PHP (4.0.6) I had to download
> php-sybase*.rpm and freetds*.rpm
>
> Both these guys are of the right version to match my mandrake 8.1
>
> I've done all these installs and made sure that sybase.so found in
> /usr/lib/php/extensions is in /etc/php.ini file.
>
> Now when I try to call any sybase function i.e. sybase_connect()
> I get "Page cannot be found" and then in the apache log file I get this
> "PHP_SYBASE_DBOPEN" undefined symbol bla bla bla....
>
> Can anyone help how to fix this issue ?
>
> Thanks

  • PHP - SYBASE, AJ, 04/02/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: PHP - SYBASE, Brian Bruns, 04/02/2002