freetds - PHP - SYBASE

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "AJ" <la_titude AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: PHP - SYBASE
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 02:12:13 -0500

Hi,

I have been running mandrake 8.1 on an x86 box

I has Apache, MySQL, PHP and all other goddies that come as RPM packages
with it.

All I needed recenly is to install sybase 11.9.2 and make it work with
php.
SyBase is insttalled and configured properly and the database is fine (I
can use all sorts of other software to access the DB)

To make this thing to work with PHP (4.0.6) I had to download
php-sybase*.rpm and freetds*.rpm

Both these guys are of the right version to match my mandrake 8.1

I've done all these installs and made sure that sybase.so found in
/usr/lib/php/extensions is in /etc/php.ini file.

Now when I try to call any sybase function i.e. sybase_connect()
I get "Page cannot be found" and then in the apache log file I get this
"PHP_SYBASE_DBOPEN" undefined symbol bla bla bla....

Can anyone help how to fix this issue ?

Thanks

  • PHP - SYBASE, AJ, 04/02/2002