freetds - Re: Apache/PHP4/FreeTDS/unixODB/MS SQL Server7 on FreeBSD working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Apache/PHP4/FreeTDS/unixODB/MS SQL Server7 on FreeBSD working
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:45:38 -0500 (EST)

Because FreeTDS installs to a nonstandard location the dynamic linker
can't find the libraries without

a) LD_LIBRARY_PATH being set
b) ld.so.conf having the path added to it
c) FreeTDS being configure with --prefix=[/usr,/usr/local]

I'm actually going to remove installation of the interfaces file for 0.53,
that'll clear the way for package managers to install in /usr/local
without any extra cruft.

Brian