freetds - Re: JDBC driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chirayu Vaidya <chirayuvaidya AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JDBC driver
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:07:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Thank for the input and reply to my query. I really
appreciate it.

There is just one more question before i try to
implement the change is that do i need to install any
driver to server in order for the connectivity or i
just have to change the driver.

I would really appreciate help with this.

Thanks and regards,

Chirayu Vaidya.

--- Curt Hagenlocher <curt AT hagenlocher.org> wrote:
> > I have my database connectivity using connection
> pooling
> > bean. I would be really grateful if you could
> instruct
> > me as to the changes that i have to make to my
> > connection pooling bean and how I could use TDS to
> > solve my problem.
>
> In theory FreeTDS-JDBC should be a plugin
> replacement for
> any existing JDBC driver. There shouldn't be any
> change
> required other than the driver name (which should be
> "com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver") and a change in
> the
> connection string (example:
> "jdbc:freetds:sqlserver://server/database;tds=7.0").
>
> If you want more help, you'll have to be more
> explicit.
>
> --
> Curt Hagenlocher
> curt AT hagenlocher.org
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as:
> [chirayuvaidya AT yahoo.com]
$subst('Email.Unsub')