freetds - Re: JDBC driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JDBC driver
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:30:25 -0800

> I have my database connectivity using connection pooling
> bean. I would be really grateful if you could instruct
> me as to the changes that i have to make to my
> connection pooling bean and how I could use TDS to
> solve my problem.

In theory FreeTDS-JDBC should be a plugin replacement for
any existing JDBC driver. There shouldn't be any change
required other than the driver name (which should be
"com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver") and a change in the
connection string (example:
"jdbc:freetds:sqlserver://server/database;tds=7.0").

If you want more help, you'll have to be more explicit.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org