freetds - RE: jTds:, patches, not implemented fixes, StringBuffer usage where to ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: jTds:, patches, not implemented fixes, StringBuffer usage where to ??
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:08:54 -0700

I haven't yet had a chance to integrate my improvements into
the jTds source, but ...

> - a tool to reverse engineering (sniff) connections with
> the JDBC-ODBC driver and allow us to work out how some of
> those nasty metadata calls work (I have a start on this
> locally)

I have this, and I've been using it with Query Analyzer to try
to determine why SQL 2000 is so... problematic. So far, I've
also identified some previously unknown fields in the TDS 7.0+
login packet. (Still don't know why SQL2K likes to drop the
connection so often.)

I'll add this to CVS over the weekend. How about in a new "tools"
directory?

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org