freetds - RE: jTds:, patches, not implemented fixes, StringBuffer usage where to ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <chris AT ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: jTds:, patches, not implemented fixes, StringBuffer usage where to ??
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:05:35 +0930

First pass on a TODO/wish list for jTDS

- Further refactoring in Statement/ResultSet to support cursored
PreparedStatement and CallableStatement

- Updateable Cursored ResultSets (fairly straightforward)

- Check with spec on handling of datatypes in PacketRowResult

- Check with spec on handling of configuration properties

- Connection Pooling - this would require refactoring of the
TDS protocol classes

- Prefetch in cursored ResulSets (may improve performance)

- a tool to reverse engineering (sniff) connections with
the JDBC-ODBC driver and allow us to work out how some of
those nasty metadata calls work (I have a start on this
locally)

> Hello,
> I just intergrated the actual jTDS version into my source and would like
> know how in the future the CVS is managed. I had to get rid of some not
> implemented in the past and would like to send them.

If you send me the code directly I will see what I can do. Otherwise if
you want to join in the development I can add you to the Developers
list on sourceforge (you will need to create a login first).