freetds - Re: Status of placeholder support?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Status of placeholder support?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:28:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Steve Willer wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Brian Bruns wrote:
>
> > The initial placeholder support is TDS 5.0 only (which means Sybase
> > only). I'm hoping to add support for TDS 7.0 if someone sends me some
> > code/network traces of it.
>
> TDS5 is what I'm interested in. Can you give me an idea of how far along
> it is? I'm currently experiencing segfaults while trying to log in using
> DBD::Sybase and the latest CVS code (on Linux), so I haven't been able to
> try it out myself yet.

Ok then, basically the code now will create the temp stored proc for the
dynamic statement (CS_PREPARE) and retrieve the descriptions back. What
remains to be done is to get ct_dynamic(..., CS_DESCRIBE_INPUT,...),
ct_send(), ct_results(), ct_res_info(), and ct_describe() to go along with
this. And then submit an actual values (CS_EXECUTE), which is a no
brainer mostly.

So, I'd say it's about 50% done, roughly.

Brian