freetds - RE: DBD::ODBC -> Freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: DBD::ODBC -> Freetds
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:08:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Eric Deutsch wrote:

> > From: bounce-freetds-127899 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
> > [mailto:bounce-freetds-127899 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu]On Behalf Of Joe

> > has anyone run FreeTDS under DBD::ODBC

> I notice in the 0.52 release notes that unixODBC (not just iODBC) is
> mentioned as a working option (for the first time as far as I can tell). Is
> this now a known-to-work option?

I've done some preliminary testing with unixODBC, and although the GUI browser
doesn't work very well, I recall achieving some success (not reproducible on
my system in its current state) using isql, unixODBC, and the FreeTDS driver.
I suspect the answer for 0.52 will be yes, it works, if you're willing to work
at it.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer