freetds - RE: DBD::ODBC -> Freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Eric Deutsch" <edeutsch AT systemsbiology.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: DBD::ODBC -> Freetds
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:30:07 -0700

> From: bounce-freetds-127899 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
> [mailto:bounce-freetds-127899 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu]On Behalf Of Joe
>
> has anyone run FreeTDS under DBD::ODBC

I notice in the 0.52 release notes that unixODBC (not just iODBC) is
mentioned as a working option (for the first time as far as I can tell). Is
this now a known-to-work option?

> or under DBD::Sybase. if so please
> contact me reguarding your use of it and results.

I have a semi-production application which uses Pentium III + Red Hat 7.0 +
Perl 5.6.0 + DBD::Sybase 0.91 + FreeTDS 0.52pre0.9WithAFewPersonalHacks
daily with good results accessing MS SQL Server 2000. It gets used every
day although not yet "intensively" with no reliability problems, although
there are a few workarounds I make and a few features I'd like.

Feel free to ask me specific questions.

Eric

P.S.:

>On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Michael Peppler wrote:
>
>> Brian Bruns writes:
>> >
>> > Of course, someone really interested in pushing placeholder support
>> > forward could send me small standalone C programs that demonstrate the
>> > usage in ctlib and/or ODBC and I'll see that it gets done. ;-)
>>
>> Here's a minimal C snippet that I used to report a bug to Sybase...
>
>Michael, you're awesome. It appears placeholder support will be sooner
>rather than later in the next development cycle. :-)
>
>Brian

EXCELLENT!!