freetds - Re: Draft 0.52 announcement

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Draft 0.52 announcement
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:37:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Brian Bruns wrote:
>
> Does the freetds prerelease include any scripts for handling the interfaces
> ->
> freetds.conf conversion at this point? Providing a clean upgrade path is
> not
> the most important thing in the world, since there's no released version of
> Debian that includes freetds yet, but it'd be nice to have if possible.

Yes, James Lowden wrote a script in the root directory called
freetds.conf.pl which will convert the interfaces file to the freetds.conf
format.

This should all be documented in the release notes once we get around to
them ;-)

> Also, IMHO it's not critically important that .deb packages be available
> immediately after the release. Debian in general tends to reflect the
> attitude of "take the time you need to get it right" -- so people running
> Debian aren't especially put out when the .debs trail behind the upstream
> tarball by a week or two. :)

Well, I'll be giving myself some time to get the RPMs right, so if it
works for you, I'll mention debs are available in the announcement. If
not, no biggie.

Brian