freetds - Re: freetds and Python

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: freetds and Python
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:10:12 +0000

Jim Kilmer wrote:

> Currently, the Sybase
> module for python (version 0.26) will not even compile (for me at least)
> under freeTDS due to the stub code in blk.c and various other undefined
> variables that I can't easily work around.

I've never heard of Python bindings for FreeTDS. If you do find something,
I'd like
to add it to the User Guide.

Could you be specific about the bulkcopy functions that don't? As you may
know, many
for-Sybase things hook up to FreeTDS pretty well, so if it's a matter of
completeness
of the db-lib interface library, for example, it might be fixable.

I'm also interested in what variables aren't defined. There may be
equivalents in
FreeTDS that would do the trick.