freetds - freetds and Python

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jim Kilmer" <jkilmer AT theopalgroup.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: freetds and Python
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:32:12 -0400

Does freetds currently have Python support? If so, which Python Database
Module is the interface to this functionality? Currently, the Sybase
module for python (version 0.26) will not even compile (for me at least)
under freeTDS due to the stub code in blk.c and various other undefined
variables that I can't easily work around.

If anybody has FreeTDS working with Python, please advise on how this was
accomplished! The rest of my FreeTDS install is working fine, confirmed
with SQSH and PERL. I'm connecting to a MS-SQL 2000 server, god help
me...

Thanks in advance.
~Jim