freetds - Intel Solaris still won't hunt

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cary, Kim" <Kim.Cary AT pepperdine.edu>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Intel Solaris still won't hunt
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:03:12 -0700

Thanks for the tips Will. I structured my interfaces and /etc/hosts as I
think you were indicating. Same errors, like:

t0001.c: Testing login, logout
connect: Connection refused
tds_connect() failed
try_tds_login() failed

Again, this is with 'make check' (GNU Make version 3.78.1), not any script
of mine, and this same setup works on the Sparc Sol8 (where I did NOT set up
hosts or interfaces), just not my Intel Sol 8. In running the make check
from /usr/local/src/freetds whe I have built the software with ./configure,
make.

Here is the architecture of my /etc/hosts, /usr/local/src/freetds/PWD and
/usr/local/src/freetds/interfaces files:

hosts:
#
# Internet host table
#
127.0.0.1 localhost
5.6.7.33 senorgee loghost
5.6.7.23 badsquirrel

PWD:
UID=sa
PWD=n8Ra8wm
SRV=5.6.7.23
DB=tempdb

interfaces:
badsquirrel
query tcp tds4.2 5.6.7.23 1433

Will or anyone -- further things to try or to check? Your help greatly
appreciated.

Kim Cary - Manager, Midrange Systems - Tu/Fri 7am-6:30pm - 310-506-4860 -
Kim.Cary AT pepperdine.edu