freetds - RE: Solaris 7, freetds, [dbd::Sybase || sybperl ]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Solaris 7, freetds, [dbd::Sybase || sybperl ]
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:51:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Huckle, Steve wrote:

> fyi though, one tiny caveat. JSDK2 doesn't work with freetds_jdbc
> (I think it says as much in the docs), so you'll have to go get
> jdk1.1.x. Do that quick since Sun are decommissioning that soon
> apparently. Freetds guys...any chance of implementing JSDK2?

You may want to take another look. If there are docs which actually say
that freetds_jdbc doesn't run on JSDK2 (I just looked at README and
KNOWN_BUGS and didn't see anything like that) then I think they're
out-of-date docs. I'm running freetds_jdbc successfully on JSDK2. Not
all of the JDBC2 functionality is implemented -- perhaps you confused
the two?

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com