freetds - Re: Makefile documentation? (was Re: HPUX Compilations) [freetds]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Makefile documentation? (was Re: HPUX Compilations) [freetds]
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:18:28 -0400 (EDT)

On 30 Apr 2001, Emilio M.Recio wrote:

> Is there any documentation on the makefile and what it's supposed to
> do?

Not that I'm aware of (other than what comes with the distribution --
README, INSTALL, and configure). What I would do if I were in your
shoes, and was able to resist the urge to go work somewhere else, would
be to install gmake and run it with the -n switch (do a `make clean'
first), then examine the output to get the answer to your question.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com