freetds - Makefile documentation? (was Re: HPUX Compilations) [freetds]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Emilio M.Recio <n2wog AT usa.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Makefile documentation? (was Re: HPUX Compilations) [freetds]
  • Date: 30 Apr 2001 15:49:30 EDT

Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com> wrote:

> It isn't necessary to replace the native make. Many installations
> install GNU make as `gmake' and have both available.

hehe, they don't understand that here.. i dont know if you have been in
this type of enviornment, and hopefully never will have to deal with it.
For example, they dont use diff because 1) they dont know the tool 2) dont
trust it to mark diffrerences... so what do they do? They print out
several hundred pages of new code and old code, and look at the
differences by eye... i tried to explain diff to them, and show them that
diff -c is reliable, but they still dont listen.

Is there any documentation on the makefile and what it's supposed to do?

-elmo

Best Regards,
E.M. Recio

--

Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment...
intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite