freetds - Solaris 7, freetds, [dbd::Sybase || sybperl ]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Steve Huckle" <steve.huckle AT csfb.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Solaris 7, freetds, [dbd::Sybase || sybperl ]
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 07:19:38 -0400

Hi,

Has anyone actually managed to get a Solaris 7 machine talking to a MSSQL
7 dbase running on an NT box using freetds and DBD::Sybase or sybperl?

I get close with sybperl, since I'm able to extract data from the MSSQL
database, but the moment I try and write to the database I get a core
dump. DBD::Sybase just core dumps when I try and connect....hohum.

I've tried numerous faq's, docs and this mailing list, but have failed to
find anyone with an active solution, but many with the same problems.
However, forgive me if this subject has been addressed and solved many
times previously.....

Rgds,

Steve Huckle