freetds - Re: HPUX Compilations

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Fabien Roy <froy AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Emilio M.Recio <n2wog AT usa.net>
  • Subject: Re: HPUX Compilations
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:46:06 -0500

I feel sorry for you :-)

It seems that you will have to have somebody with gnumake on hp to
send you the compiled binaries or tweak the makefile and remove all
the good features of gnumake.

I had this situation before at NationsBank/BofA. In order to compile
a new version
of perl (Open Source) we could not use gcc (Open source) :-)
So the bank had to buy an expensive license of the Sun C++ compiler
for that.

Fabien.

> Hello,
>
> I am want to use this toolkit on an HP-UX platform. However, I try
to compile
> the toolkit and after a short period there's an error in the
Makefile. I am
> using the standard HPUX Make, because we don't have a choice...
it's not a
> very opensource friendly place... even this TDS project I am
slipping in the
> backdoor.
>
> Here is the error message: (IN SRC/CTLIB)
> Making all in ctlib
> Making all in unittests
> Make: Don't know how to make /%,. Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
> Stop.
>
> I look at the piece of code which seems to be bombing, and it
looks like this:
> /usr/local/src/freetds0.51a/src/ctlib/Makefile
> libct_la_LIBADD = $(patsubst %, $(TDSDIR)/%, \
> $(patsubst %.c, %.lo, $(TDSSOURCES)))
> libct_la_DEPENDENCIES = $(patsubst %, $(TDSDIR)/%, $(patsubst %.c, \
> %.lo, $(TDSSOURCES)))
>
> Anyideas. I dont know what this patsubst command is for
makefiles.... and why