freetds - HPUX Compilations

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Emilio M.Recio <n2wog AT usa.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: HPUX Compilations
  • Date: 26 Apr 2001 15:00:10 EDT

Hello,

I am want to use this toolkit on an HP-UX platform. However, I try to compile
the toolkit and after a short period there's an error in the Makefile. I am
using the standard HPUX Make, because we don't have a choice... it's not a
very opensource friendly place... even this TDS project I am slipping in the
backdoor.

Here is the error message: (IN SRC/CTLIB)
Making all in ctlib
Making all in unittests
Make: Don't know how to make /%,. Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.
*** Error exit code 1
Stop.

I look at the piece of code which seems to be bombing, and it looks like this:
/usr/local/src/freetds0.51a/src/ctlib/Makefile
libct_la_LIBADD = $(patsubst %, $(TDSDIR)/%, \
$(patsubst %.c, %.lo, $(TDSSOURCES)))
(...SNIP...)
libct_la_DEPENDENCIES = $(patsubst %, $(TDSDIR)/%, $(patsubst %.c, \
%.lo, $(TDSSOURCES)))

Anyideas. I dont know what this patsubst command is for makefiles.... and why
it is needed for $TDSDIR/* etc etc.... For more information here is the uname
-a of my box:
HP-UX hepdev B.11.00 A 9000/819 1039611351 ten-user license

Best Regards,
E.M. Recio

--

Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment...
intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite