freetds - Re: Driver Properties

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <Craig.Spannring AT aedinc.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Driver Properties
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:22:23 -0600 (MDT)

James K. Lowden writes:
> Nik Petroff wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to set the connection properties so that ANSI_NULLS and
> > ANSI_WARNINGS are on? I can't find any java code for this anywhere so an
> > example would be great.
>
> Could you just execute this query when you establish a connection?
>
> set ANSI_NULLS on
> set ANSI_WARNINGS on
>
> Those settings stay in effect for the session.

Not entirely true. Anytime you open multiple statement simultaneously
on a java.sql.Connection object the driver will open multiple physical
connections to the the server. As far as the server is concerned,
each one of the connections is completely separate.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Bike hard, ski fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
When all you've got is Perl, everything feels like a smashed thumb