freetds - What's your favorite pair?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: What's your favorite pair?
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 02:07:35 +0000

All,

Your environment counts! (Even in these Republican times)

To make the docs complete, I'm listing all the combinations of servers and
clients
FreeTDS supports (and the switches and TDSVER they need). But I don't think
anyone
knows all the various ways it's being used, in all their combinations.

So please Vote! I'll even keep a tally. Just add your particulars to this
message,
and watch them magically appear in the forthcoming FreeTDS User Guide.

#Example
Server Vendor: Sybase # { Sybase | Microsoft }
Server Version: System 10 # { 4.2, 5.0, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 10, 10.5, ...
2000}
Server CPU/OS: VAX/VMS
Client CPU/OS: Intel/Linux
TDSVER 5.0

#Your data here
Server Vendor:
Server Version:
Server CPU/OS:
Client CPU/OS:
TDSVER

Thanks very much for your participation. May your summer days be longer than
your
winter nights.