freetds - Re: datetime problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: datetime problems
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 01:23:20 -0500 (EST)

This is a question I have struggled with. As long as all the 7.0 series
had the bug we could work around it by the server version response in the
acknowledgement stream. But MS doesn't delineate between 7.0 GA or SP1-3

My goal was to move to a newer configuration file format (supporting the
interfaces file as a fallback), which would allow some of these settings
to specified on a per server basis. I did the reorganization of the
configuration handling to support it, but haven't gotten to adding that
part of it. (It's in src/tds/config.c if you're interested in hacking on
it).

The other fix is to issue a 'select @@version' to the server are attempt
to parse the output and decide based on that. It's kinda ugly and I
wouldn't want it as a default because there are some TDS-based Servers
which do not speak SQL (Sybase Replication Server or OpenServer
applications for instance).

Brian