freetds - Re: has anyone gotten MS SQL 2000 to work?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: christopher baus <christopher AT baus.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: has anyone gotten MS SQL 2000 to work?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:50:17 -0800

Ashna, bea, atinav, and freeTDS

What else have you tried? The only other option I know of is to
use Sybase client libraries.

> It is my guess that MS really buggered up the TDS protocol
> without given out a proper spec.

A tempting conclusion. But for me it's *mostly* working.

> I'm really getting frustrated. None of
> my where clauses seem to work.

I haven't tested it extensively, but it's only the ones with TEXT
fields that are giving me trouble.

Could you give me a simple example that doesn't work for you?

Select * FROM Indice WHERE IndiceName = "fmagx"

always returns

"Invalid column name fmagx"

Which makes no sense since fmagx is obviously data and not a column name.