freetds - Re: 255 char limit in result queries

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brug, Herco van -Syntegra NL" <H.vanBrug AT syntegra.nl>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 255 char limit in result queries
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:38:58 +0100

ok after some trial and error i set it with mssql_query("set textsize
10000\nSelect * from something");
this still limited the result to 255 chars. setting it to 10 (!) did limit
it to 10 chars so the thing works but only to make it smaller, not bigger
than 255 chars.......
the field i'm querying btw is a 'memo' field with undefined length, not a
normal textfield (which may be limited to 255 chars by definition?). could
this have something to do with it?