freetds - Re: update query with Freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Roger Burton West <roger AT firedrake.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: update query with Freetds
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:49:15 +0100

On or about Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 12:41:01PM +0000, Gordon Fong typed:
>Forgive me if this is really basic, but do I change the value and then
>reinstall the freetds software?

Um, edit src/tds/write.c; edit include/tds.h for BUFSIZ (at least I
did); make install. The configuration data should be preserved from
the last time you installed. Or am I completely misunderstanding your
question?

>Will this works for Perl scripts as the archived messages surrounding this
>which I have seen all talk about using C code?

I'm talking about editing the freetds driver which the Perl code uses as
an interface layer when talking to the database. That driver is written
in C.

Roger