freetds - bcp from program variables

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: bcp from program variables
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:36:37 -0400

Title: bcp from program variables

Hello,

A perusal of bcp.c told me I should have looked more closely at the code before asking for advice on how to use bcp_sendrow et. al.  The code is obviously stubbed out.

I've taken a crack at filling in the stubs.  There are a couple of errors in the functional prototypes, and bcp_batch in particular needs tds support.  Most of the functionality can be borrowed from the existing static functions.

I've got it working up to the very end, when my version of bcp_done (taken directly from the tail of _bcp_exec_in) chokes on an error token (170) instead of TDS_DONE_TOKEN.  Almost certainly, the problem lies in the sequence of calls to the tds layer or in the bindings (always the most tedious part of db-lib programming).

Does anyone there want to see this functionality added to the dblib code?  Would someone be willing to discuss some of the details off-line?  I'm hoping to implement the db-lib functions by talking to someone who knows the tds api.  Or who can point me to documents not posted on the web site.

My lawyer says he's never free but he's always reasonable.  Me, just this once, I'm offering both.  Any takers?  It *could* be fun.

--jkl

  • bcp from program variables, Lowden, James K, 08/31/2000