freetds - Re: Ant [WAS Re: FreeTDS on WinNT]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ant [WAS Re: FreeTDS on WinNT]
  • Date: 21 Jul 2000 08:33:35 +0200

BK> I had similar problems. What worked for me was getting the
BK> sources from the CVS repository and building it locally:

BK> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs AT jakarta.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
BK> password: anoncvs

BK> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs AT jakarta.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
BK> checkout jakarta-ant

I'd suggest to use

checkout -r ANT_11 jakarta-ant

unless you really want to get the latest developer release including
latest bugs in a version changing every couple of hours.

Stefan

If all else fails (I don't have problems with the site), there is the
additional option of RPMs at ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/ant/ -
use the source distribution as the binary has been built with JDK 1.1
and this will cause problems running on JDK 1.2 and higher (the binary
release at jakarta has been built using JDK 1.3 and works on all
platforms AFAWK).

And then I could be lured into opening a *temporary* ftp account on my
box at work.