freetds - [JDBC] autocommit -- rollback on statement close

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jonathan Carlson" <jcarlson AT is.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: [JDBC] autocommit -- rollback on statement close
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:46:20

I searched the archive for autocommit and didn't see anything similar to
this. I am using the latest build of the JDBC driver.

In my application I turn off autocommit so that I can group updates into a
single transaction. However, It appears that with this option, when
closing a statement, the transaction is automatically rolled back. The
Weblogic SQLServer JDBC driver that I have used doesn't do this.

rollback/commit is defined in the JDBC API as a connection behavior instead
of a statement behavior. Is it appropriate to rollback on a statement
close?

I've changed my application code so I reuse statements instead of closing
them, but I'm still curious about this.

Jonathan Carlson
Software Developer
Minneapolis, Minnesota